I came up with this recipe a few years ago when I wanted to make a different potato dish for Christmas other than the traditional mashed potato side dish that I had made for ages! This was a huge hit! I always use Yukon gold potatoes for this recipe because they have such an amazing flavor when baked! Give them a try, trust me you’ll love them!
2 1/2 pounds yukon gold potatoes
1/2 – 1 pound medium cut bacon
1 – 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
3 Tbsp olive oil
1/4tsp – 1/2 tsp nature’s seasoning
1/8tsp – pinch cajun seasoning ( I give a range of how much spice to use because everyone’s preferences are different and you can always add more but you can’t remove it! So start with a little then add more if like a bit more of a kick!)
1. Peel and cut the potatoes. Remember the thicker they are the longer they will take to cook so cut them no more than 1/2 inch thick. Place in a bowl with water.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Bake bacon on a foil lined pan for 20-25 minutes. Until golden brown.
3. Drain potatoes. Coat with olive oil and sprinkle with nature’s seasoning and cajun seasoning.
4. Place potatoes on a cookie sheet in one layer. Bake at 425 for 20 minutes.
5. Take the cookie sheet out of the oven and flip the potatoes over then return to the oven and bake another 20 minutes.
6. Check to see if the potatoes are tender. Depending on how thick they are they may be done or need a little longer.
7. Sprinkle the cheese and bacon on the cooked potatoes and bake another 8 minutes.