I love a tasty chocolate chip cookie but sometimes I like to get fancy with my spices! I came up with this recipe while making cookies with my daughter one day and she wanted more chocolate chips and while I was pregnant cinnamon sounded good with everything! I also use a little less butter with this recipe than you often see in cookie recipes. Why? Well I don’t like it when my cookies go super flat on the cookie sheet so I have found that adding a little less butter helps them keep their cookie form!
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 cup butter, soft
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 Tbsp vanilla
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 375
2. In a large bowl beat butter with white sugar and brown sugar until creamy. About a minute. Then add egg and vanilla.
3. Add baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Beat until well combined.
4. Add flour, making sure to measure carefully, and mix until well combined. (You may not want to use your mixture for this as it will get thick and it may burn out the motors on some mixers.)
5. Add all 3 kinds of chips and mix well!
6. Spray or line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
7. Roll cookies into balls about a Tbsp of dough at a time.
8. Bake for 8-10 mins.
Bonus tip: When measuring flour never scoop from the bag directly. That can lead to having too much flour in your bowl and a heavy or dense dough. Instead scoop the flour with a spoon into the measuring cup, being sure not to pack it in, and use the flat side of a knife to push off excess flour.