I don’t think it is a secret by now that I really love pie! All kinds of pie! And the best kind of pie is a small mini pie because:
a. Everything tastes better when it is small and adorable!
b. Portion control: I love getting my sweet fix without eating the whole pie, true story!
c. It is much easier for little kids to eat them without all the mess of a large slice of pie!
d. I can make more than one kind of pie so everyone gets exactly what they want!
Need I say more?
I never had made a strawberry pie before I ended up with all these strawberries and was worried about them going bad! The only thing to do in that kind of a situation is to start baking them into things so they can be devoured by friends and family! One of the things I made was mini strawberry pies!
Mini Strawberry Pies
2 1/2 cups flour
2 sticks cold butter cut into 1 Tbsp pieces
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
6 Tbsp cold water
1 1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup flour
4 cups strawberries
1. First lets make the crust:
2. Using a mixer pour in flour, salt, and sugar.
3. Attach the flat mixer attachment if you are suing a kitchen-aid, and turn on to a slow speed.
4. Slowly add the cold butter pie Tbsp at a time waiting about 30 seconds in between each piece.
5. Once all the butter has been added slowly add the cold water.
6. Once a good dough has formed turn off the mixer. Remove the dough from the bowl and work it a bit on a counter to form a ball. At this point if you are planning to use it later you can refrigerate it or if you are going to use soon you can roll out the dough and using a cup or circular cookie cutter cut out circular shapes for the pie crust.
7. Now we make the strawberry pie filling!
8. You want to wash and then chop the strawberries! Chop them into small pieces without mincing them because these are mini pies so you don’t want huge chunks of strawberry!
9. Scoop some of the strawberry pie filling into each of the prepared pie crusts! DO NOT OVER FILL! If you over fill the crusts then as the strawberries cook and release their water (berries have a lot of water) then it will overflow!
10. Place in the oven and bake at 400 degrees for 22 minutes!
11. Serve with cool whip, whip cream, or ice cream! Enjoy!