Philly Cheese steaks are so good! This recipe is originally from cooking light magazine and I decided to adapt it to make it into something my family would love! I also am not a super fan of green bell
peppers, they are just too spicy for me. So instead I use red bell peppers, which I love! If you want a more authentic taste then use green bell pepper, otherwise enjoy this fun play on a classic dish!
2 tsp oil
1/2 sweet yellow onion, finely chopped
1/4 red bell pepper, finely chopped
1 lbs ground beef
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/8 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp kosher or sea salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1. Saute onion and red bell pepper until fragrant, and nearly caramelized.
2. Combine everything, except cheese and buns, into a bowl. Mix well and form patties or balls. ( I make my burgers into balls and then when I place them on the grill they become patties.)
3. Grill for 4-5 minutes, depending on the size of your burger.
4. Top with Provolone cheese.
5. Toast buns and enjoy your burger!