My family loves spaghetti! That is until it is leftover for dinner the next night. I decided to face the honest truth that everyone likes dinner the first time around and it is then way less exciting the second time it is served. In order to stop throwing out perfectly good food I have had to start being creative with my leftovers. Now sometimes my family just has to eat leftovers as they are because such is life, but sometimes I can take them and make them into a delicious new dish!
That is what we have with the spaghetti pizza! Spaghetti the first night and then pizza the second night! It’s really simple and only takes a few extra ingredients! Remember, the more flavorful your sauce is originally the better the sauce will taste in this leftover makeover!
1 cup Italian blend shredded cheese
1/2 cup milk
3 Tbsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 cups leftover spaghetti mixed with pasta sauce ( I use my homemade sauce )
1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
Italian herbs seasoning (optional)
1. Mix the cold milk and cornstarch together and set aside.
2. Beat eggs.
3. Add cheese, salt, pepper, and milk mixture to eggs
4. Add egg mixture to spaghetti and blend well
5. Heat olive oil in a large skillet
6. Pour spaghetti mixture into skillet and spread around evenly.
7. Leave to cook for about 6-8 minutes
8. Turn over by sliding the pizza pasta onto a cutting board and then inverting the pizza back into the skillet to cook on the other side.
9. Cook for another 6-8 minutes
10. When done place pizza on a cutting board and sprinkle with extra cheese and Italian herbs seasoning.