I love banana bread! And I have been through my fair share of recipes over the years trying to find the perfect recipe! Moist and flavorful! This recipe has evolved over the years from a standard recipe to something I love! I use more bananas than most recipes call for, buttermilk, butter, and a bit more baking powder ( makes it more fluffy)! This is now a super family favorite!
1/2 cup unsalted butter, soft
1 cup white sugar
3 or 4 ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup buttermilk ( If you don’t have buttermilk here is a trick I use. 1/4 cup milk ( any %) and 1 tsp lemon juice. Let it sit for 10 minutes and then add it to your recipe!)
2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat your oven to 350
2. Cream the butter and white sugar.
3. Mix in eggs until well combined. ( I use a whisk for this)
4. Add mashed bananas and buttermilk. Mix well again!
5. Add baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well!
6. Add flour, carefully measured.
7. Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
8. Bake for 1 hour, be sure to check with a toothpick when you take it out of the oven to make sure it is fully cooked.
Bonus tip: When measuring flour never scoop from the bag directly. That can lead to having too much flour in your bowl and a heavy or dense dough. Instead scoop the flour with a spoon into the measuring cup, being sure not to pack it in, and use the flat side of a knife to push off excess flour.