I first had Chicken Cordon Bleu at a dance when I was 14. It was so good, and I have loved cordon bleu ever since! But it was a bit of a bummer when I discovered that it’s actually quite time consuming and difficult to make. So why not just make a casserole with all the ingredients and call it a day? Seems like a plan to me! This is pretty quick to make and tastes awesome! Plus if you have an extra one in your freezer you can always take one to a friend who will feel super special that you made this yummy, dare I say fancy, dish!!! I know, I know, it’s a casserole but I’m fairly certain that the moment you attach french words to anything it automatically becomes at least 37% more fancy! Also this makes a great freezer meal! Once every few months I like to place an order to zaycon for chicken breasts. When you place an order with them you get 40 pounds! Which is a ton!!! So I turn those 40 pounds into several freezer meals and one of those is always Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole!!
1 box rotini ( it’s my favorite pasta for thick creamy sauces)
2 cups heavy cream
1 block of cream cheese
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 1/2 cup grated swiss cheese ( if you want a stronger taste buy block cheese and grate it yourself!)
3-4 cups cooked cubed ( or shredded) chicken breast
1 1/4 cup bacon ( or to make it simple I just did 8 slices of bacon)
1 1/4 cup diced ham
- Cook the pasta according to the box, usually it says to boil for about 7-9 minutes. Then drain it, add it back to the pot, and add about 1 TBSP olive oil to stop it from sticking together while you make your sauce.
- Melt the cream cheese in a pot. Once melted ( and it will take awhile) add heavy cream, onion powder, and garlic salt.
- Stir in 1 cup of swiss cheese and stir until it is smooth.
- Add Chicken, Bacon, and Ham to the sauce mixture and stir well!
- Add sauce mixture to pasta and combine!
- Pour pasta into either 1 9 X 13 pans or 2 8 X 6 pans and top with 1/2 cup of swiss cheese.
- Cover with foil and Bake at 350 for 15.
If it’s frozen then you will want to Bake at 425 for 60 minutes, checking it at 45 minutes. Then bake uncovered for the last 15 minutes.