This is one of the many Freezer Meals I made last month! It’s my husband’s favorite of them all! I call it “zesty” because I make my alfredo sauce a little differently than most people do! I love the flavor of lemon! So I have a habit of adding lemon to many dishes where you don’t always find it! I think it adds such a freshness!
1 box Rotini
2 cups cooked diced or shredded chicken
1 recipe of alfredo sauce
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
2 Tbsp EVOO
6 Tbsp flour
2 cup chicken broth ( or you can use 2 cup water with 2 tsp chicken bouillon)
2 cup milk
2 cup fresh grated Parmesan
1 tsp Nature’s seasoning
The Juice of one fresh Lemon ( about 1/4 cup)
pinch nutmeg (optional)
- Cook Rotini according to box. Drain. I add a little olive oil, about 1 Tbsp to keep it from sticking together. Set aside.
- In a pot warm the olive oil.
- Add Flour. Cook for a couple minutes, this is the base of our rue! This is what will give us a nice thick sauce without having to use heavy cream!
- Next add milk. You need to whisk it so it does not clump!
- Once it is smooth whisk in the garlic powder, nature’s seasoning, and lemon juice. You can also add a pinch of nutmeg if you are feeling adventurous! But remember only a pinch! You don’t want to eat and think, “Whoa, Nutmeg!” You want to eat and think, “Hmm what an awesome flavor!”
- It should begin to thicken a little after a few minutes. It takes a few minutes for the milk to warm up. Then add your Parmesan blend until it is nice and smooth!
- Add your pasta!
- Now you will want to add this to either a 9X13 dish or 2 8X8 dishes! Top with Mozzarella!
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes!
If you are doing it as a freezer meal you will cover it with aluminum foil and bake it at 400 for about 45-60 minutes. Then check. Depending on if you kept it in your refrigerator freezer or a deep freezer cooking time will vary.