My husband really loves cornbread. So I make it every now and then but I’m always trying to find a way to make it better! This batch I made a few weeks ago I decided to have some fun with different ingredients I do not normally use in my cornbread, and if I’m being honest I was a little unsure if it would turn out. But it did! And it was awesome!!
1 cup milk
1 tsp lemon juice
3 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp melted unsalted butter
1 cup flour minus 2 Tbsp
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 box jiffy cornbread mix
- In a bowl mix together milk and lemon juice. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Beat eggs. Add to the milk mixture.
- Add honey and butter. Mix well.
- Slowly start adding dry ingredients.
- Sift together the flour and cornstarch. Then add to the milk mixture.
- Add baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Add cornbread mix.
- Bake at 350 for 25-35 minutes.
- Serve hot with butter and honey!!!